Conveyor Belt Scrapers
High-performing belt cleaners keep belts clean by eliminating material that remains stuck to the conveyor belt after it passes the discharge point, something that we call carryback. Left unattended, carryback can cause damage to equipment and personal injury when material falls off and becomes airborne. Loose material can quickly build up on walkways and floors where it becomes a tripping hazard and an eyesore.
A properly installed belt cleaner offers the following benefits:
- Increased profitability by eliminating or reducing the cost of unnecessary cleanup and maintenance.
- Less material loss - Scraping the belts clean keeps materials moving in the right direction through transfer points into hoppers
- Longer lasting conveyor equipment - Material that is carried back under the belt often ends up inside the conveyor system and can damage rollers and idlers while causing belts to wander and fray.
- Lower energy costs - When material sticks to the belt beyond the head pulley, the added weight of the material stuck to the belt makes the equipment work harder so it uses more energy.
- Safer work environment - When fugitive material accumulates under the belt, workers can easily slip and fall trying to walk through the mess. Plus, uncontained dust can cause health problems when inhaled and can ignite causing a deadly explosion.
Reduced dust problems - Fugitive dust is frequently a by-product of material that falls from under the belt on the return trip.
Installed on the face of the head pulley below the discharge trajectory, this cleaner uses low pressure to remove approximately 75 to 90 percent of the residual material.
V-Plow Belt Cleaner
V-Plow belt cleaners reduce the risk of belt damage and puncture by removing material from the inside of the conveyor belt.